Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ok, I realize there are other plants out there...


Ok, I realize there are other plants out there other than these Cereus that I have posted a few times but I just saw THIS.  A fruit!  Who knew.  See, still learning so much.  I thought it was a going to be a purple flower and got all excited and went to show Michael who informed me it is a fruit.  Who knew.  Pretty cool though.  

I went out to the nursery for a bit just to visit, I have missed it so much.  Everything looks so happy and is in bloom.  The Pride of Barbados that I planted have just exploded along the fence line.  I can't believe it!  I planted these just at a month ago and when I did they were really not that much to look at - look at them now!   I snapped a few photos of some things but will take more when I am more up to it.  I can say however, that you can totally tell it rained, if only a little.  The plants have really responded.  It is crazy (in a good way) how much they really seem to transform with a little bit of rain.  

I am worried my little succulent pot that I planted is getting too big for it's britches.  I guess I will have to put it in a bigger pot.  I really like this style of pot though.  I got it from the guy next door that sells pots.  I am not so much into this style of pottery but I did like this one as it was plain and straight lines and thought it looked good with the succulents.  

This is a close up of the Desert Rose bloom which I think is so pretty.  This is a new one for me and I really like it.
  I am undecided on the mix here.  I think it just needs a little more time.  The Tecoma have exploded as they tend to do, the Furcrea still looks really good and the Ice Plant is growing like mad. I guess it is just not done doing what it is supposed to do.  The Pink and White Salvia (at the back) was cut back, I think when that fills back out (and it is on it's way) I will like it more.  I am happy with each plant individually, the Hamelia looks good, the Queen Victoria, I just don't know... I guess it just needs a little more time to fill out.  Like I said, when I look at them individually I am happy, it is just as a whole I guess it isn't my favorite, at least right now.   I am going to give it a little more time then I might mix it up.

2 comments:

  1. your Tecoma stans is beautiful! it's one of my favorite flowering shrubs, wish I had the space and sun to grow it. I've seen them as trees in Singapore, they're simply breath-taking as they flower like no tomorrow..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think blue succulents look great in the red earthen pots. I have a blue agave in a similarly colored strawberry pot, and I plan on filling it in with some blue echeveria.

    ReplyDelete