Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Happy GBBD 2013!!

Well I couldn't start the new year missing the first 2013 GBBD!!   
Unfortunately, I am at home so posting what I have in bloom here at the house, which is not much...
 The Cyclamen are in full bloom all out front and in the back and are beautiful.  I love the red, at least for here at the house.  It is such a vibrant pop of color and I think stunning when planted in mass.
There is nothing else in bloom here- the other day our Potato Vine was blooming but of course when I went outside to snap a shot of it, could not find a single bloom nor could I find one on the Globe Mallow or the Lavender.  So alas, all I have in bloom is the Cyclamen.  
I couldn't just end the post with one photo so you have the pleasure of seeing Ellie in all her glory.  This is not how she typically looks, she is a very sweet lovable kitten, I just caught her yawning and thought it was funny so thought I'd post it.
Hope everyone has a wonderful GBBD and please visit the host of GBBD at  http://www.maydreamsgardens.com   and see all the others that have posted. 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful red cyclamen. Don't think they're reliably hardy in the ground here but we see them used as winter annuals a lot. Ellie looks fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We treat them like winter annuals here too. (and in Houston as well.) I love them. Always have. In Houston you see them everywhere- in the esplanades and all over town- here in Austin not so much. But then, Houston really dresses the city up more than here. Ellie is a mess but a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Flowers in January! A lovely thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!! Right??? At least you can jump around to different blogs and look at flowers- the Australian blogs are amazing right now!!!

      Delete
  4. That's all that is blooming in our house too but inside the sunny kitchen. Outside it is snowing. Your cat's expression made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a nut. I love the cyclamen. Always have. I have one in the kitchen as well. They are just happy flowers.

      Delete
  5. At least you have a pretty red cyclamen to show off. Everything is white here and the temperatures this week are forecast to be bitterly cold. I love your yawning cat picture. Ellie looks rather like she is belting out something positively operatic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks like a crazy cat there! They are such characters!

    ReplyDelete