Monday, June 15, 2015

Happy GBBD!

Happy June GBBD!  
A few photos of what's going on around here right now.  Hope you enjoy.  
Check out May Dreams Gardens to visit other GBBD posts.
 The Lantana are blooming like crazy and have been very popular this week with the bees, butterflies and these little hummingbird moth.  The hummingbird moths are so fun to watch- I got this picture at just the right time-  can see the pollen??  
He was completely unfazed by my being there.
This little guy was hanging out on the Yucca when I captured his picture.  
He appeared to be sunbathing. 
 The Mexican Olives are in full bloom right now, as is about everything else out here I might add, and are beautiful.  Honestly, these are one of my favorite trees aside from the Palo Verdes.
 The Greggs's Mistflower are blooming away and quite popular with the butterflies.  I have been watching these guys all day.  They are quite content.
Sal is his usual self- here he is hanging out in the Ajuga. 
Another fan of the Lantana- this guy has been bouncing around the nursery all day- finally I got him to slow down long enough to get a photo.
Hopefully everything is blooming where you are by now.  
The recent rains have been wonderful and the plants are really enjoying it!!!


2 comments:

  1. Happy GBBD! I enjoyed your critter theme. I believe I've seen hummingbird moths before and wondered what species they were, bird or insect. Thanks for clarifying.

    ReplyDelete